Monday, March 26, 2012

FIELD EXPERIENCE 10

REFLECTION ON LESSON

Friday March 23rd, destination: Elementary School 8:05am. In this reflection, I will be concentrating on the lesson that was taught. The lesson that was being taught this day was gymnastics. I actually taught the majority of this lesson, so in this reflection, I am going to focus on reflecting on my teaching. Being a reflective teacher is a great way to professionally develop into a great P.E. teacher. 
            The students have had gymnastics for about 4 classes. So I decided to start the lesson off by going over all the tumbles in gymnastics. I thought this was a great review of the skills for the students and also a great warm up. After we went over all the skills, I divided the class up into groups and told the students to create their own gymnastics routine. The students loved this idea/concept. The groups ended up having 4 or 5 students in them. After about 20-25 minutes of having the students come up with a routine, I asked each group to present their routine infront of the entire class. The group that was presenting did their 1-2 minute routine and then was judged by the other students observing. The observers judged by showing a number 1-10 on there fingers and also plenty of applause. I personally thought that this lesson went great on my part. All students were engaged willing to come up with a "sweet" gymnastics routine. I can relate my style of teaching from class today in the fact that the style I was teaching was cooperative learning. Students had to design a routine with complex sequences involved. 



No comments:

Post a Comment