Sunday, February 19, 2012

Field Experience 7

STUDENTS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS
Friday February 17th, destination: Elementary School 10:10am. In this reflection, I will be concentrating on students with special needs. While observing this class, I noticed that there was another teacher that accompanied this group of kids. I decided to ask my host teacher why there was another teacher sitting in on this certain class. My host teacher said that she was there because there was a student in this class who needed special attention. The student that needed special needs was not so much a student who was poor at physical activity but more of a student who had emotional problems. This student always had to have the last word in when the class was noisy. Most of the class he was off task. He was always the last one to follow directions. The way in which the teacher coped with this student was to have that extra teacher in the gymnasium in order to make sure he stayed on task. This student was the only student that I have observed so far that has special needs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment